Horse betting is an exciting and fast-paced sport that attracts millions of people every year. However, it is also a confusing and complex sport that is hard for some people to grasp. There are many different horse breeds, different types of tracks and much more that you need to learn to be a serious horse race bettor. You may get lucky at the track every now and then and win some money, but if you really want to win, you have to take the time to learn all you can about the sport. The top ten things you need to make sure you understand are listed here. Make sure you take the time to find out more about each one and give yourself an edge the next time you go to the track.
- Breeds – You need to have an understanding of the different horse breeds and breeding so that you can choose the best horse.
- Race Track Specifications – You need to understand the physical specifications of the track such as its length, the surface, how many turns are on it, the drainage, and such.
- Trainers – Find out everything you can about the trainer and their skills.
- Jockeys – Just like the trainers, you need to know your jockey.
- Track Bias – You need to find out about the horse you like’s track bias from the horse’s previous race starts.
- Form – The current health of the horse. Possibly one of the most vital to find out, particularly on race day before you place your bet.
- Distance – Every horse has a different tolerance for distance and every race is different. You need to find out how your house performs at he distance you are betting on for this race.
- Condones of the track and your horse – Another important factor in betting. If your horse doesn’t run well on a muddy track and it rained the night before, you should take this into consideration when you are betting.
- Predicted pace of the race.
- How to read the race program.
If you can master these 10 things you should be able to win at the tracks and have fun watching your horse run around the track.